3/27/2008

Baseball Preview


With Orioles being as bad as they have been for the past 10 years it is very hard for me to get excited about the up-coming season. I admit I have put baseball on the back burner so I can not offer much insight about into what may or may not happen for this season. Here are a few thoughts:
-The Red Sox and Yankees will battle for the national limelight as well as the AL East crown
-The Rays will finish 3rd
-The Orioles will finish 61-101
-The Tigers and Indians will both be very good
-Don't sleep on the Twins (I'm having flashbacks to the 2001 Mariners)
-The AL West will come down to whose pitching stays healthy (Bedard has a knack for crumbling in late August)
-The Braves rotation is very old (Mike Hampton!?)
-Johan is guaranteed to spend some time on the DL
-Cole Hamels will either win the Cy Young or have Tommy John surgery
-The National League is like the NFC: all the good teams are in the East and the rest of the league is garbage
-I am sincerely intrigued to read the attendance figures for the Royals/Marlins series in Miami

World Series: Tigers over Phillies

No comments: